A] Borrowing Privileges & Rules:
General books for home issue can be borrowed out at the Circulation Counter. Borrowing privileges for the various materials are as follows:-
The normal loan period for books is 7 days but Books in great demand will be given for a shorter period.
Borrowers are to produce their own library cards when borrowing library materials. No books or library materials may be brought out of the Library until the loan has been recorded. Unauthorised removal of library materials is regarded as a very serious offence.
2. Journals /Magazines:
Currents issues of journals/Magazines are to be used only in the Library.
3. Reference Books / Audio-visual resources:
Reference materials are to be used only in the Library. Taking Reference materials out of the Library is regarded as a very serious offence. Strict action will be taken against such students. All audio-visual materials are to be used in the Library or in the Digital Library.
4. Project Reports:
Project reports are not to be brought out of the Library. Photocopies of project reports can only be made on written permission of appropriate authority.
5. Overdue books:
Books must be returned by the due date or earlier if recalled by the Librarian. Failure to return a book by the date specified will be treated as a serious offence.
Fines imposed on borrowers for late return of books.
7. Loss and Damage of Books:
Students should check the books before issuing for reference or for home reference Borrowers will be held responsible for materials out on loan. If the material is lost, an immediate report should be made to the Librarian to enable appropriate action to be taken. A borrower is allowed to either replace the book lost or damaged by purchasing it himself or requesting the Library to replace it. If the latter alternative is chosen, the borrower will have to pay twice the market price of the book. All books replaced in this manner must be of the latest edition. If the book is one of a set or series they may be called upon to replace the whole set or series.
B] General Rules:
- Consumption of food is not permitted in the Library.
- Students should deposit their bags/belongings at the rack provided outside the reading hall.
- On leaving the Library, all users are required to produce for inspection all books and items taken out of the Library.
- Silence must be observed strictly in the Library.
- Library chairs should not be shifted from one place to another.
- Students must be decently dressed and conduct themselves properly in the Library.
- Books/Journals taken out from a shelf for reference should be put back in their correct places. In case of doubt, they may be left on the empty row provided at the last row of each racks or assistance of the library staff could be requested.
- The Library staffs on duty have the right to request a user to leave the library premises if he is found to be violating any of the Library rules.
- Students violating any rules will have to face penalty by way of paying fine or the Librarian is empowered to withhold Library facilities for any infringement of these rules.
- The Library will not accept responsibility for the loss or misplacement of personal belongings.
Note: The main purpose of these rules is to safeguard the common interest of all students and to enable the Library to carry out its functions as efficiently as possible. Students are reminded that these rules have the force of Regulations for Discipline by the Disciplinary Committee. 2:03 PM 9/17/2014.