Code of ethics to check malpractices and plagiarism to promote the Research @ AIKTC
Ethics and honesty are the two most important components of the academic activities be it teaching or research. Teaching & research is a novel profession based on extremely high moral values. There cannot be any scope for claiming the credit for the work he/she has not undertaken.
Such acts will affect healthy academic environment in the institute which will also harm the reputation of the institute as well as the individual.
Plagiarism means stealing ideas and words of others as one’s own without crediting the source. Plagiarism involves copying of phrases, clauses, sentences, paragraphs or longer extracts from published or unpublished work that exceeds the boundaries of the legitimate cooperation without
acknowledgement of the source.
Types of Plagiarism
Plagiarism could be of two types
- a)Negligent OR unintentional plagiarism:It means innocently or carelessly presenting another person’s work as one’s own without acknowledging the Source.
- b)Dishonest OR intentional plagiarism:It means knowingly and deliberately presenting another person’s work as one’s own work without acknowledging the Source.
Plagiarism could be avoided by paraphrasing, citing, quoting and referencing the original work.There are five basic rules regarding the use of information in professional and in academic writing:
- If you use the language of your source, you must quote it exactly, enclose it in quotation marks, and cite the source.
- If you use ideas or information that is not common knowledge, you must cite the source.
- If you didn’t invent it, cite the source.
- Unless your professor explicitly tells you to paraphrase, don’t paraphrase.
- When in doubt, cite the source. Doing so can only enhance your readers sense of your honesty.
Mechanism to detect plagiarism:
It is the prime responsibility of an institute or research guide to distinguish between original and
plagiarized work. In order to detect the plagiarism well known softwares / tools (Turnitin, Urkund, Grammerly, Dupli checker, Copyleaks, Paperrater, Viper, Plagiarisma, Plagiarism Checker, Plagium, Plagscan, PlagTracker etc) can be used.
AIKTC has adopted anti-plagiarism policy to detect instances of plagiarism and thereby preventing students from publishing, presenting and copying others work. The AIKTC uses “Urkund” Anti Plagiarism software to detect plagiarism.
STUDENT - HOW TO UPLOAD DOCUMENT(S) TO URKUND
It is easy to upload your document to URKUND. Follow the link below to log in.
You will find the most common questions about URKUND and their answers in our student's FAQ.