Here is an opportunity for all Avid Readers to indulge in their passion and share their experience.
Anjuman-I-Islam's Kalsekar Technical Campus, Central Library (KRRC), New Panvel,
"Online Book Review Competition"
(On the Occasion of "Day of Reading, 19th June)
Last Date for Registration & Upload Book Review: Wednesday 23rd June, 2021.
Date of Online Presentation of Book Review: Saturday 3rd July, 2021.
Online Link for event : https://zoom.us/j/93691731772?pwd=QmN6Y3V2R2JuTyt3bFhmUUhTdW1HZz09
Who Can Participate: Students, Researchers, Faculty's, Parents & Relatives
Registration Link: https://forms.gle/cf2jCMQDKxE5jCD76
- Register yourself via the registration link given above and upload your book review.
- You can select any book of your choice from the fiction or non-fiction category.
- The book selected should be decent enough to be presented in front of an academic fraternity.
- Book selected can be in Hindi, English or Marathi, and also the book review should be written & presented in the languages of the book.
- Write your review about the book in maximum of 1000 words or 2 pages.
- Your book review should be original and not copied from any source.
The review should include:
● Title and author of the book
● Short summary of the plot (Not giving too much away!)
● Students feelings of the book - what was good or bad, interesting etc
● Suggestions as to who might be interested in reading this book
● Whether the student would recommend reading this book or not
- Best 20 book reviews will be selected for presentation on 26th June, 2021.
- eCertificate will be provided to all participants after scrutiny of the book review.
- Winner certificate will be provided to the top 3 best reviews on the basis of their book review and presentation.
Book review presentation will be held online and link for the same will be shared in Whatsapp group.
Whatsapp group Links: https://chat.whatsapp.com/FC73A2NTZoqHETWdv2oqe1
(All the further details will be given in this group from time to time)
Sample Review Format: (Click link given below)
WISH YOU ALL THE BEST
For any query, kindly contact:
Mrs. Shaheen Momin, Librarian, 9819060407
Prof. Tehsin Kazi, (CE)
Prof. Poonam Mhatre (SoA)
Prof. NikhatFarhana (SoP)
Dr Abdul Razak Honnutagi
(Director - AIKTC)
Mr. Burhan Harris
(Hon. Exe. Chairman, BINM)
Mr. G.A.R. Shaikh
(Hon. General Secretary, AI)
A sudden shock, an unknown, unwanted and a strange situation is what can be used to describe the COVID-19 Pandemic disease presented unique challenges to all the stakeholders of education system. The sudden and unexpected outbreak of the virus also forced the library professionals, to ascertain ways of working in a rapid time frame like shifting to digital platform wherever possible and to provide adequate remote services to the users.
SERVICES PROVIDED DURING LOCKDOWN :
Open Education Resources (OERs)
There are many scholarly freely available resources available notably National Digital Library of India (NDLI), Shodhganga-a repository of Electronic Thesis and Dissertation, Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), Book Boon, Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB) and many more. The OER platform is created using Google Sites and Google Custom Search Engine. The Web portal is a collection of metadata links of Open Educational Resources useful for ENGINEERING, PHARMACY, ARCHITECTURE & HUMANITIES Education and Research in Digital Environment. The purpose to create the web portal is to make aware students, faculty members, research scholars, around the world about the existence of open educational resources protected under creative common license, open access under copyright laws or under copyright free environment.
Remote Access to Subscribed E-Resources
Around the country all libraries of higher education system have been working hard to provide services and access to collections to the users who have been displaced due to COVID-19. AIKTC Library provides the remote access to Licenses eResources through the setup of Shibboleth Access through the INFED (Free Service).
Free and Expanded Access
In response to the uncertain and difficult time, some publishers are providing expanded access to e-Resources (access to additional materials than subscribed by the library) including e-books, e-journals, e-databases etc. for a limited period during this pandemic. The list of such publishers along with details are given by the Library on Website and Facebook. This has enhanced the possibility of users availing the virtual services and hence, visiting library portal.
Online Plagiarism Detection Service
Plagiarism is a growing menace in the academic world. In its attempt to curb the issue and promote the production of quality research papers and reports, the Library launched this Online Plagiarism Detection Service based on Turnitin, the world’s most popular originality checking software. The service helps in determining the originality in research papers and reports prepared by the institute faculty and students by cross-checking the papers against the already published papers available online.
- No. of books for home lending increased as students need not visit library for that purpose only.
- 'Book An Appointment’ system introduced in the month of March21 to avoid crowd. o Markings put at min 1.5 meters distance at circulation counter, so that users, while in queue, can maintain distance o Easing of penalty rules and extended the due date for all types of reading materials issued to all categories of members.
- The books/ reading materials returned should be quarantined for a period of minimum three days. o Part of class-wise WhatsApp groups, to share library updates about resources and services and discuss common queries/information.
- Organizing many virtual events in order to ease the stress level of users to get the required information in this difficult time. Eg. Literature Review, Plagiarism, Turnitin, OERs, Google Tips & Tricks, Mendeley, Zotero etc…
Date: Friday, March 19, 2021 | Time: 2:45 pm - 4:30 pm | Target Audience : All AIKTC Faculty Members, Researcher & PG Students
Platform : Zoom Meeting | https://turnitin.zoom.us/
Speakers: Dr. Rajendra Magar, HOD - CE | Mr. Sachin Gurwe, Turnitin