AIKTC-KRRC offers "Kindle e-book Reader Lending Service" to encourage and support paperless reading. Presently three E-Book Readers, Kindle PaperWhite along with Kindle unlimited eBook package* are available.
Kindle is available for checkout by AIKTC students, faculty and staff with a current library account who sign the Kindle Loan Agreement.
Borrowing Policy :
- Kindle may be borrowed from the library's circulation desk for 7 days at a time. It can be renewed continually, until 15 days. It must then be returned to AIKTC Library for the next user.
- Kindle can be reserved through the existing library account.
- Kindle is available for checkout by AIKTC students, faculty and staff with a current library account who sign the Kindle Loan Agreement.
- If you use the audio feature of Kindle books in AIKTC Library, you must wear headphones, so that other users are not disturbed.
- None of the content on the Kindle may be erased or copied on to other devices; neither should any new content or files be added to the Kindle.
- The users should assess the working condition of Kindle before checkout and upon its return AIKTC Library staff shall ensure that Kindle is functioning correctly.
- The user assumes full responsibility for damage to the Kindle due to neglect or loss, and in that case, the user has to replace or pay for the cost of the device/ accessories.
- If the Kindle is not returned on time, a fine of Rs.5.00 will be levied per day.
- Kindle Should be returned in-person to a AIKTC library staff member at the main Circulation desk
- All Kindle users are expected to abide by AIKTC rules and regulations and the current library policies.
Kindle unlimited eBook subscription:
*Kindle Unlimited offers 1 million titles. Users can keep up to ten books at a time.