Anti Plagiarism Tool: TURNITIN
Be sure to edit your research paper carefully and check for plagiarism before turning it in to the class. Using plagiarism checker is a great way to assess your paraphrasing and other anti-plagiarism skills.
AIKTC Library uses most effective and most trusted plagiarism prevention tool i.e “TURNITIN”. Turnitin is an internet based anti-plagiarism detection software. Turnitin's main objective is to prevent plagiarism, and engage students through originality check, grade mark, and peer mark, at promoting quality academic writing within learning Institutions. All the Theses/Dissertations/Publications and some student assignments are subjected to plagairism check, as per the decision of faculty concerned.
How to Access
- For creating an instructor account please fill the request form for Instructor Account - https://forms.gle/
- Students account can be opened through concerned instructors
Please Note: Users are requested to register for TURNITIN login with valid Institutes email id.
Any New Registration will be valid for 3 months by-default after then you need to activate the account. Users need to fill the online form for both new registration and activation.
Code of Ethics to check malpractices and plagiarism to promote the Research @ AIKTC
Ethics and honesty are the two most important components of the academic activities are it teaching or research. Teaching & research is a novel profession based on extremely high moral values. There cannot be any scope for claiming the credit for the work he/she has not undertaken.
Such acts will affect healthy academic the environment in the institute which will also harm the reputation of the institute as well as the individual.
Plagiarism means stealing ideas and words of others as one’s own without crediting the source. Plagiarism involves copying of phrases, clauses, sentences, paragraphs, or longer extracts from published or unpublished work that exceeds the boundaries of the legitimate cooperation without
acknowledgment of the source.
Types of Plagiarism
Plagiarism could be of two types
- a) Negligent OR unintentional plagiarism:It means innocently or carelessly presenting another person’s work as one’s own without acknowledging the Source.
- b) Dishonest OR intentional plagiarism:It means knowingly and deliberately presenting another person’s work as one’s own work without acknowledging the Source.
Plagiarism could be avoided by paraphrasing, citing, quoting, and referencing the original work. There are five basic rules regarding the use of information in professional and in academic writing:
- If you use the language of your source, you must quote it exactly, enclose it in quotation marks, and cite the source.
- If you use ideas or information that is not common knowledge, you must cite the source.
- If you didn’t invent it, cite the source.
- Unless your professor explicitly tells you to paraphrase, don’t paraphrase.
- When in doubt, cite the source. Doing so can only enhance your reader's sense of your honesty.
Mechanism to detect plagiarism:
It is the prime responsibility of an institute or research guide to distinguish between original and
plagiarized work. In order to detect the plagiarism well known softwares / tools (Turnitin, Urkund, Grammerly, Dupli checker, Copyleaks, Paperrater, Viper, Plagiarisma, Plagiarism Checker, Plagium, Plagscan, PlagTracker etc) can be used.
AIKTC has adopted anti-plagiarism policy to detect instances of plagiarism and thereby preventing students from publishing, presenting, and copying other's work. The AIKTC uses “TURNITIN” Anti Plagiarism software to detect plagiarism.
- For instructor - https://help.turnitin.com/feedback-studio/turnitin-website/instructor/instructor-category.htm
- For student - https://help.turnitin.com/feedback-studio/turnitin-website/student/student-category.htm
"Do not take the chance of not checking your research paper. Plagiarism could mean the loss of your academic degree or career."